Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

I have a Genie TMZ 50 that reads a strong battery at the base

Customer Question
control panel. However the bucket...
I have a Genie TMZ 50 that reads a strong battery at the base control panel. However the bucket control low battery light flashes and will not operate.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Industrial Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I installed a new battery, a new bucket contro
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Industrial Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I also replaced the bucket control switches and control board.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Industrial Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
4/26/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
With voltmeter , check the battery voltage at the base and battery pack. Then check the voltage at the basket , where the battery light is. Is battery voltage same. If not , wire harness has bad connection or damaged wires. Check the wires from basket, to the lower connection points and see if there is a corroded terminal , search why the voltage is lost.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can eliminate the cable going to the basket by plugging the control panel directly at the base unit. But there is no change in the low battery warning.
What is the battery voltage with meter test.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
12V
With test meter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes with my multimeter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is actualy 12.7 when the motor is running.
Fully charged 12 volt battery should be over 13 volts. With 12 volts, battery is very low. Does it drop if you use any function?
With control plugged in at the bottom, what is voltage inside the panel?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It won't let any operation happen with a low battery warning. Even though the main controls show a full charge on the battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would I take that voltage reading at the panel?
I agree, that's why you need to check the voltage at the idiot light.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It only takes 5V to turn the idiot light on.
And what is the voltage??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because the light is flashing there is a pulse of 5V
Follow the wire back and find where the voltage has dropped.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a multi level circuit board. There is no way for me to trace it.
Try unplugging the circuit bards and reinstalling them, the next choice is to buy new boards!
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician