Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

I am working on a c15 sdp07035. It needs to regen but when I

Customer Question

I am working on a c15 sdp07035. It needs to regen but when I try a manual regen it fails saying there are active codes. Et shows no active codes, but two active events. 3474-31 and 3719-0. Would these cause the regen to fail and if so what are the troubleshooting steps for them.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
The 3474-31 code will prevent a regen. The 3719-0 will go away once a regen completes.
Code 3474-31 is defined as a failure to ignite. When this code occurs 6 times. The system will not be able to regen. Basically something has failed and will not allow the ARD head to ignite a flame for a regen.
This is caused by either a failed spark plug in the ARD head, a faulty ARD head, or a failed spark plug wire. Most likely it's a faulty ARD head as if it were a spark problem, there would be a code for it.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once I replace the ard head how do I clear the active code so that the engine will regen?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Once you have replaced the ARD head and the system tried another regen. If not it ignites you should be good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed new ard head and still will not regen. Saying active codes present.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information.Have you tried resetting the Events?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
The code must be cleared with the "Reset All" button on the active diagnostics screen in Caterpillar Electronic Technician (ET).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried it again. It says reset successful but both event codes are still there and regen will not start.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
I see. Thanks for the informationWhat version of ET do you have?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
If you are not able to reset the code. I must assume you have an older version of ET. There were some older versions that had issues with resetting codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011A
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information.IT may be your version. Its an older one. I can no t remember exactly which ET version it happened on but I know it was either 2010 or 2011. You may need to have a later version try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used my pro link to clear the codes. It clears them but they come right back.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
I see. Sorry. I have not used a Prolink on an LEE before. Not sure why it does that.