Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

I just had a 2008 c15 cat rebuilt and I still have a oil leak

Customer Question
I just had a...
I just had a 2008 c15 cat rebuilt and I still have a oil leak out of the breather hose, any idea why?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2016
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 year ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Was the air compressor and turbos replaced with the rebuild?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Compressor was not the turbos, it started leaking after I did a valve adjustment 8 months ago and I just rebuild the engine last week
Thanks for the information.
I have seen both an air compressor and a turbo cause oil to leak out of the breather. The air compressor has cylinders that can wear and cause this. A turbo can fail and allow exhaust to go down the oil drain back tube and elevate crankcase pressure. If the cylinders, compressor, and head have been replaced. I would next suspect one of the turbos.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert