Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a Yale forklift model#52-2024uf serial#511999 type G…

Customer Question
I have a Yale forklift...
I have a Yale forklift model#52-2024uf serial#511999 type G power u123 . would like to know what motor it has, I need 4 intake pushrods and headgasket. having hard timefinding Info on it. Thank You,Henry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
3/2/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Do you have pictur of engine? How is valve cover and spark plugs? Spark plugs through valve cover? Or regualar valve cover? With it needing pushrods, I assume it is not a flat head!

Most old Yales had Mazda engines, but some has the Peugeot.

Some even had GM engines.

Check out these Mazdas.

The spark plugs are not in the valve cover. It has overhead valves in the head. Lifters look to be international. Can't find serial # ***** the block. Head has no numbers. Head has had work done to it prior to me purchasing it. It also has had 2 exhaust valves replaced. #JDT163. It has approx. 3.155 engine bore. Head gasket #AT133T. Apparently it is a victor head gasket. Water ports on left side of the head go to the radiator. Even with all this information, I am unable to determine what motor is has.

Pictures?

what is your email address?

Use the paperclip link above the typing bar to attach.

the pictures are on my phone. would be easier to email them to you. unable to download to computer and attach.

C135 IH.???

Old Yale G52's used the IH 123. The same parts fit, 113/123/135/

With yours numbers, I think the C123 is your engine.

Does that look like it?

I attached 4 pictures
forklife motor.jpgforklif...jpgforklift head - 1.jpgforklif...jpgforklift head - 2.jpgforklif...jpgforklift lifter.jpgforklif...jpg

Lok at the links I sent. IH C123 engine. ???

The 1st link you sent with all the pictures, the gaskets won't line up with our head gaskets. The 2nd link didn't show a motor. Did you get our pictures?
Do you know where the serial # ***** be located on the block, we are unable to locate.

It is IH engine, and the C123 is what shows to be in the old Yale G52 forklifts.

From what I referenced, it looked like head gasket would work.??

No, I do not know where number would be on block.

I did get pictures of your head.

Pushrods

Head gasket.?

Look right ? Please accept to close.

It was stamped on the side of the block behind the alternator.
The head gasket you showed will not work.
Please reply

I see no solution for gasket. Everything I find says IH engine, but none of the Ih gaskets show what you have. Yale shows engine to be the C123/u123/c135/140. All us same gasket. No record of the AT133T gasket.

I will opt out and see if anyone else has an idea. Sorry.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is Dan. I can check on this during the day by your serial number tomorrow if that works for you.

Thanks. ***** pass on all the information we had discussed so far? That will work for tomorrow.

Yes can see the history here. Since your serial number has no letters in it for a date code it means it is pre 1957 vintage. This makes it tougher to get parts for and identify them outside the dealer who also will have to dig deep into the archives for info. There should be some numbers or something on the side of the block maybe under some of the buildup you may be able to find with a scraper or wire brush. I will have to get my vendor involved in this one.

Since Hyster and Yale are both manufactured by NACCO, many tools used to identify trucks are similar with both brands. Hyster Company began their truck lettering system much earlier than Yale Materials-Handling. In 1957 is when the first manufacturing year letters appeared in the serial numbers of Hyster trucks. The Hyster lettering system also uses the last letter to calculate the year and is as follows: A (1957), B(1958), C(1959)…X (1977), Y(1978) Z (1980) *skipping the letters “I, O, and Q”. This process repeats beginning with A (1980) until Z (2002), currently in 2013 Hyster is manufacturing trucks with “L” as the last digit in the serial number. Again, if your Hyster forklift was manufactured before 1957 it would be best to contact your local Hyster dealer.

Hi, They are short handed today so they said it may take some time for an answer but said it should be by the end of the day hopefully

Hi Dan, the serial #515 c I found on block behind alt

Hi, Still waiting for answers.So far what I have been told is Hyster/Yale does not support this model anymore and a lot of the parts are discontinued/non production. Most of this information is in paper manuals and even if located the part numbers may or may not be good numbers anymore. If that is the case you might be either matching up the valves by specs or finding some salvage that are machinable.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I got no new news on this beyond my last post. I wanted to follow up with you.

Dan, Technician