Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a 2004 jlg 600a bought the analizer and trying to get…

Customer Question
hi I have a...
hi I have a 2004 jlg 600a bought the analizer and trying to get the tilt sensor to calibrate .it keeps saying calibration failed after trying several times
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
2/28/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

you have to be on level ground look at tilt sensor and make sure air bubble is in the middle then try calibration again

tilt sensor is in the ground computer
out of level light shuts off if I park it on a hill just right
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you just replaced your tilt sensor or are you just trying to calibrate it?

tilt sensor is in the big ground computer sealed unit trying to calibrate it
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Are you on level ground when you are calibrating it

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

what is your serial number?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

are you getting any codes on the lower control display?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

do you have the code to get into access level 2?

its 333271.
error code is tilt sensor not calibrated
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

what is your serial number?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok let me do some research

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

go into diagnostics and tell me what your tilt sensor is reading

says tilt 90 degrees
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

if it says tilt is 90 degrees your lower control module is bad and can not be calibrated let me know if you need the part number

not what I wanted to hear , if I set the machine on a slight angle just right the out of level light goes out and everything works normal
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

correct and you can continue to do that but that but if the tilt sensor will not take calibration the lower control moduel is bad replace and re-calibrate and you will be up and running normally

do you know if the ground module can be sent in and repaired ? new one is close to 2k
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I know on genie ground control modules you can I have not sent one into JLG before do you want there number so you can call and ask if they do I am sure they will give you a shipping address and everything

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

please rate me when you have time if you need more info please do not give me a negative rating

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

were you able to contact JLG or do you need more help?

talked to another jlg mechanic he said a bad boom sensor can cause a out of level light ,will not be by the machine for awhile will do some more checking when I get back
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok let me know when you start working on it. I dont think it would be a bad boom sensor because if the boom sensor was out it would not let you boom up or down. keep me updated please.

Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin