Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

Jlg 2032E2 when ingaging joy stick forword or rev. will

Customer Question
drive for 30sec or less...
jlg 2032E2 when ingaging joy stick forword or rev. will drive for 30sec or less & stops /motor shut off but steer & lift ok. Let sit & move alittle more, rev. less time.bat. good.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/24/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

Do you have any codes that flash when this issue happens?

no,non proportional controls. But grn. led is lit when sqeezing trigger on jy stick
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok what is your serial number?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

does it do this platform raised or lowered or both?

JLG 2032E2 s/n###-##-####with standard controls. this is a scissor lift. Steering, lift & lower all fuction, just shuts when driving.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I would start by checking all the limit switches the pothole protectors and the height cut out limit switch. Do you need diagrams for this? I can send them to you

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

also check the wiring connections at your motor controller check for corrosion and make sure none of them are loose it is possible you have a bad motor controller if the limit switches check good

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

it would also benefit you if you know someone or have a JLG analyzer this would tell you exactly what is at fault instead of guessing you can also buy one from ebay for pretty cheap

no compter. analyzer won't work.no corrosion. limit switch if no good the unit would not move at all tho wright ? u don't think joy stick mag. contact could be bad but lift/steer ok, I was thinking controller might be bad checking voltage it ok , but understanding motor controller I am not sure how else to check
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

yes the unit would move if the pothole switches were bad it would just stay in creep mode though more than likely it is a main board issue in the upper controls dont think the joystick is at fault like you said lift and steer are ok. Do you have another controller you can swap with?

what does the motor controller actuly do ?
do u know how to test motor controller relay
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

there really is know way to test the controller if I narrowed it down to the controller and if everything else checks ok I replaced the controller. does you main board in your upper controls look ok. meaning no burnt spots or connection issues?

would controller cut out after moving 30ft let sit & will move only 15ft & come back next day,& do the same thing and sometime would go 150ft and quit. rev. drive seems to stop faster like more of draw on motor in rev. I am not sure if it is contr. & upper controls look ok &led lights all come on properly. What I am asking is would contr. cause this problem
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

do any of the drive motors feel hot after it stops?

No. I changed out drive motors because 1 quit & operator said it did had problem before I change both motors.he thinks it was a itermitten as it sometime stop but thought it was operator error
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

then it has to be a controller issue and there is no way to test the controller do you have another unit you can swap controllers on

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

the motor controller controls the voltage to each drive motor

no, I will talk to owner that it might be prob., & see what he wants to do
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok let me know what you do if you dont mind

ok I will try thank u
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Please rate me when you get a chance?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

were you able to make any head way on your problem?

no. relay line contactor was not problem. But could hyd. pump motor kick out when heats up. cools down and start working. but why would I still have lift & steer with pump motor?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What are you calling relay line contactor are you reffering to the motor controller. The pump could be bad not giving enough flow when it is used alot if it is the little aluminum pump more than likely it is like you are saying works good when cold and as you use it alot the motor will quit giving enough flow let me know what you do

motor controller is same as contractor is what I was ref. to. Pump is ok as far as I no because str/lift ok as in hyd. But could the motor short out when drive is engaged. Because unit will move alittle bit & stall & wait & might move or come back next day & will move some & cut out again,
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Does the ground controls work ok?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I would look more into the upper controls then check the harness from the controls down to the lower control box. Have we already checked the board inside the upper controls?

Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin