Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have an E80XL3 that is acting weird. The sem display shows…

Customer Question
I have an E80XL3 that...
I have an E80XL3 that is acting weird. The sem display shows error 91 pump motor too hot, once you enter either direction and press the accel pedal. Sometimes error 92(traction motor overheat), but usually error 91. I pulled the battery and disconnected the thermal leads from both the pump and traction motor. Same thing. Does it immediately, even without using the hudraulic mast lift and tilt.
Serial # *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
2/18/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Jeff, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic oil level and condition. Be sure it clean, not discolored burnt or milky and no signs of metal debris in the oil or inside the filter. check the filter for fine metal that looks like metallic glitter. If found you have a pump or drive motor failure occurring. Let me know

The oil was perfectly clear and write up to level this is a forklift I just bought from an auction from General Motors and makes a fantastic care I don't understand why the hydraulic motor would have an influence on the traction motor or motor temperature
This is definitely an electrical issue

Thanks for the update. Then it must be that sensor or a problem in the harness giving a false signal to the controller if you are certain there is no actual overheat problem.

I have spent several days on this and have gone through all the things you suggested before I tried just answers. I contacted Wajax (Hyster) and two forklift repair people here. I finally put everything aside today and took the battery out and traced and checked everything. I found the problem in the power steering pump, not the lift pump or traction motor. All this before I got your second reply. I would like to request a refund.
Thanks
Jeff