Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a Olympian GEP26SP3 genset and it is shutting down on…

Customer Question
I have a Olympian GEP26SP3...
I have a Olympian GEP26SP3 genset and it is shutting down on low frequency. The engine revs at no load is 1575-1640rpm 52.3Hz 247V. as soon as u put a load on the genny even as low as 9 Amps the rpm and freq went down to 1498rpm at 48.5Hz. when increasing the load up to 25Amps the the freq 45.5Hz 227V and 1390rpm. I have cranked fuel injector lines 1 at a time and they seem to all be working and have inspected fuel and air filters seem ok. The exhaust isn't blowing abnormal smoke
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
Answered in 3 days by:
2/16/2016
Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with any info on this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.

Check and make sure there is no shorted or damaged wiring leading to the generator or at the generator causing this fault here.If a fault is found with any wiring including any corroded wiring this may cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.

If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician