Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

1996 nissan 30 propane forklift wont shift into foward

Customer Question
gear.reverse works good.when i shift...
1996 nissan 30 propane forklift wont shift into foward gear.reverse works good.when i shift into neutral,it stays in reverse.when i shift into forward it is in neutral.also when i put it in neutral to start the motor it will start but the trans. is still in reverse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
1/22/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Ramie, my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the transmission oil condition for discoloration, burnt smell, metal/debris contamination, etc that would indicate an internal failure occurring. Check and verify the linkage is fully engaging in both directions and repair any loose, worn, damaged linkage. Let me know the results. The next step you may have to have the transmission pressures tested if all else checks ok to help isolate the problem further.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?