Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

My 45' genie boom (dutz diesel) starts up and runs 4 to 5

Customer Question
My 45' genie boom (dutz...
My 45' genie boom (dutz diesel) starts up and runs for about 4 to 5 seconds and shuts down every time what can cause this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
1/18/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is alternator working? If alternator is bad, the engine will start and as soon as the system check goes through it's check, it shuts off the engine. Oil pressure switch will do the same.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The oil pressure is right and the alternator is charging ... It finally started up after we let it set still for 3 hours and the weather warmed up to 65• what else could it be?

Been out of town. Is the Deutz fuel shutoff solenoid loosing voltage ad killing engine? If it is, it has to be a safety switch, oil, water, alternator, etc, that is killing the unit.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician