Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have an upright X66 scissor lift that was working fine.

Customer Question

I have an upright X66 scissor lift that was working fine. Now the motor runs all the time (unless the emergency button is pressed) and the brakes are not releasing. The lift will go up and down with no issues, but the unit will not move?
Can you help
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

motor runs as soon as emergency button is pulled? The pump motor solenoid/relay is stuck or is getting power to it ! The small wires close the relay. remove small wire, and check, if it still runs , the solenoid is stuck and needs replacing. Have to get solenoid working correctly, before going any further!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If unit does not run with the small wire off the solenoid, you have power to solenoid, and have wiring issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solenoid is not stuck. Something is sending a message to the motor to run when the unit is turned in. What I am looking for is an expert to look at the wiring and hydraulic diagrams to trouble-shoot the likely problem. Not just wiring problem.
I am an aircraft mechanic but do not have the diagrams and thought an expert would.
What ever solenoid or switch that controls the brake release actuator to retract may be it but like I said I do not have the diagrams.
Do you have the diagrams for this model?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I do not. But Upright is lover of diodes. I will opt out, and see if someone else can help. But I would be checking all the diodes for feedback.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you transfer me to an expert or do I start over or what.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it thanks