Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

Genie S60 manlift with a Deutz F3L 2011 seems to have a bad

Customer Question
ignition hold open switch, it...
Genie S60 manlift with a Deutz F3L 2011 seems to have a bad ignition hold open switch, it will start and run as long as we hold the starter switch open, but dies in three seconds once we let go of the starter switch. Where is this hold open switch on the machine?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
12/3/2015
Mechanic: Jeremy Railsback,
 replied 1 year ago
Jeremy Railsback

Hi, My name is***** will help you with your question.

There are a few relays that control engine functions.
When you push the start button one relay fires and pulls the fuel on solenoid on.
And another relay fires and holds the fuel on solenoid on and releases the pull relay when you let off the start button.
I hope that makes sense.
What I'm trying to say is the hold relay isn't working.
Genie is pretty good at labeling relays so it might be marked.
One thing you can try is either replace all the bosche relays or move them around and see if it still does it.

Depending on your serial number break Genie moved them all over.
Some are behind the engine next to the frame of the machine and some are on on the frame of the machine and some are in the control box.

The only other thing that would shut it down is no oil pressure.
If you're not getting an alarm it's probably just a bad relay.

Try to change them out or move them around and see if that takes care of it.
I would think it would. Your problem is pretty common and this is the fix 99% of the time.

Let me know if you need more help.

Jeremy Railsback
Jeremy Railsback
Jeremy Railsback