spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a 1995 20DT ALLSTATE TANDEM AXLE TRAILER WITH DEXTER

Customer Question

I have a 1995 20DT ALLSTATE TANDEM AXLE TRAILER WITH DEXTER D1012 AXLES UNDER IT.. REPAIRED THE WIRIRNG ALL THE WAY TO THE MAGNETS. NOW THE RT SIDE WILL ENGAGE MAGNETS TO DRUM IN REVERSE MOVEMENT ONLY AND THE LEFT SIDE WILL DO NOTHING DO I NEED TO REPLACE MAGNETS... THE DRUMS ARE 125X4 I CHECKED THE GROUND(WHITE) AND IT GOES FROM TRUCK TO TRAILER AND SO DOES THE (BLUE) HOT.. THIS THING IS WEIRD.. REOMOVED THE DRUMS ON ONE SIDE AND THE SHOES ARE GOOD AND ALL SEEMS WELL.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Richard, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Click here for troubleshooting manual

Check voltage at each magnet should start out around 2 volts and go up to 12 volts fully applied.

To check just the controller you can test voltage coming out of trailer cord socket,, if its not varying voltage there its not going to be doing it at any wheels.

Then if it is there then go to each wheel and check.

Make sure brakes are adjusted page 13.

Once you adjust brakes they need to be synchronized with tow vehicle,, read page's 11 and 12 to accomplish this.

If you are getting proper voltage and all good grounds replace magnets.

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky