spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I recently bought an army generator Mep-831a, its come with

Customer Question

Hi, I recently bought an army generator Mep-831a, its come with a yanmar engine. The problem that I'm having is that it doesn't shutdown. I have to shut it down manually with the governor. What could be the issue? Thanks ,juan.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Juan, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

This could be a couple things, first is when shutting down it's supposed to take away power from shutdown solenoid on injection pump, you need to see if power is being removed with ignition off at solenoid wiring on injection pump,,if you are not losing power like it should be you have a stuck relay,stuck solenoid,or shorted wire. Look closely at wiring around starter, that is where the solenoid gets power for cranking.

If you are losing power like it should you need a new shutdown solenoid, its stuck on/engaged.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.

Thanks

spanky

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I did not graded because I am looking for a specific answer on that particular machine. You just gave me a general answer.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

That's fine if you do not want to grade but there is no one answer fits all here,,it needs to be diagnosed as I explained in my answer to figure out what is wrong as it can be several things I just gave you the first two steps in diagnosing the issue.

Best of luck to you