Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have an old Hyster forklift and the numbers on it are 118203

Customer Question

I have an old Hyster forklift and the numbers on it are 118203 from that can you tell me what year it is , it has 4 cyl gas motor and the lift and tilt work off one handle lcated on the right hand side of where you sit . the problem I'm having is with the steering I was told it need hydraulic fluid to help it steer
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Hyster model number would be like H30 or H40. S/N you have listed is no help. Do you have a picture of the unit? Look at the engine, does it have a power steering pump with a reservoir on the pump? Or is the power steering pump using the hydraulic fluid from the reservoir ,that the forks and mast use? Is engine a flat head or overhead valve engine?