Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

My forklift starts but won't accelerate. how do I check the

Customer Question

my forklift starts but won't accelerate. how do I check the fuel system
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Make model, year model? Propane lift? Is tank full? Have you checked the tank connection? The female connection on the forklift side, should have no gaskets or o'rings on it. All gaskets are in the bottle side. If there is gasket on the female side, the connection will not fully open, causing this type problem. Is this the Impco system? On the regulator, does it have a spring loaded valve in the center of flat face? Is this valve easy to push, or has some pressure? Is governor flap below the carburetor fully open?