Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

Are inmates that are incarcerated still being deported wants

Customer Question

Are inmates that are incarcerated still being deported wants their time served With the ongoing coronavirus outbreak
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: with the ongoing coronavirus outbreak
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: He was brought here when he was a child like two years old so this is all he knows he has kids here they his parents did file for his papers but he was denied because he got into trouble as a juvenile he pretty much has time served already but he’s trying to find his keys so he can stay here because his family is here and his kids im not sure he is 30
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: lawyer told him before that he would never be able to get his papers
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

• At some point the site will send you a phone call popup offering you a phone call, IT COSTS MORE MONEY AND the expert DID NOT SEND IT unless asked by customer, if you do not want the phone call DO NOT CLICK ON “CALL ME” or the popup, the expert is still working on answering you via chat even if you do not want the extra fee phone call, but please do not get upset with the expert about the request as it is not their fault.

• If there are any delays in my response it is because I am working on typing replies as well as typing to multiple customers at one time, you are not being ignored.

1. Yes, if someone is scheduled to be deported, because they are trying to reduce the crowding in prisons, USCIS did announce they will deport people to their country of origin under deportation orders.
  2. So if he is on a deportation hold, they will deport him when his time is up I am afraid, they have not changed that.
  3. You can help him make sure he has an attorney and can likely delay the deportation at least by fighting the removal in the immigration court.
    1. However if the court rules against him, they will send him out of the country.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page (bottom on the App), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. If you think you have given the expert credit for their time just by paying the site fee, YOU DID NOT it was only a deposit, sorry for that confusion caused by the site. Even if you have a membership, you still have to leave positive feedback on every new question, it does not cost you anything more, or we experts get zero credit when you do not leave positive feedback each question. Thank you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for using JA to get the information you were seeking. If you have any further questions about your issue, please ask. Remember, the experts merely tell customers what the laws are based on the customer's information and whether or not it is favorable to the customer is not the expert's fault and it is greatly appreciated when customers understand that.

If not, please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page (bottom on the App), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. If you think you have given the expert credit for their time just by paying the site fee, YOU DID NOT it was only a deposit, sorry for that confusion caused by the site. Even if you have a membership, you still have to leave positive feedback on every new question, it does not cost you anything more, or we experts get zero credit when you do not leave positive feedback each question. Thank you.