Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

FORM N400 - PART 1. What option is best for me to appy

FORM N400 - PART...

FORM N400 - PART 1

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What option is best for me to appy NATURALIZATION in part 1. the option A or B

7/14/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How did you get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency? How long have you had U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am elegible with both options. A= more than 5 years resident.
B= married with us citizen for more than 3 years.
Just want to know what option is best for me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
resident 7 years

The option with 5 years or more of Residency. If you choose the option through the marriage, it is more work and more evidence because you have to provide evidence that you are still in a good marriage not heading to divorce. And yes, I understand that your marriage may be good and that wouldn't be a problem, but why work harder for nothing? Just choose the option that is 5 years or more of Residency.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, thanks

You are very welcome! Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!