Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can you file for R2 (two minors) concurrently with R1 visa…

Hi, can you file for...
Hi, can you file for R2 (two minors) concurrently with R1 visa beneficiary, while in the United States on B2 visas, if so, what is the name of the form for the R2 filing. We were only able to find the I-129 for the R1. Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/13/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It is the I-539. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-539

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very much for your help. So I can file that form concurrently with the I-129, correct?

Yes, correct. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. I will leave five stars rating

You are very welcome! Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!