Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My fiancee is in Colombia, and her K1 visa was granted. She…

My fiancee is in...

My fiancee is in Colombia, and her K1 visa was granted. She might not be able to travel within the 6 months to the US. Do I need to file a new petition? or can it be extrended?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the K-1 visa?

The visa was approved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The second part to the question is this: She had a tourist visa but it was cancelled because she got her K1. Is there any way for her to visit? But he is not able to come permanent for over six months.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/13/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

She can request to have it extended with the US embassy.

Here is an example of a sample letter.

It will be difficult for her to get her tourist B2 visa back, but she can also try that.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is the longest that she can request an extension?
Phone call session started

.