Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question today one of my friend caught in theft of…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question today one of my friend caught in theft of 270$ in a mall.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

He was ordered to attend in the municipal court

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

They have filled the criminal report No, not yet ! He is searching for the immigration lawyer he is an F1 student does this effect his education and immigration status ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I mean i just wanted to know what actually happens if people on F1 visa are asked to attend the court ? how this effects the student life in US?

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/1/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 18 days ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you !

It will depend what happens at the court. It is important that your friend gets a good criminal attorney to fight the charges. If they can get them dismissed, then it will not be an issue at all. If they do not get them dismissed, it may be an issue the next time your friends goes out of the US to get a new visa stamp. But it should not affect their visa here in the US.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
My friend has accepted everything what he did ! but will there be chance to get it dismissed?

Yes, there is still a chance to get it dismissed because your friend has not been to court yet.

Please kindly remember the rating.