Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I apply for emergency advance parole when my I131

Customer Question
Can I apply for...

Can I apply for emergency advance parole when my I131 application is over 150 days?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes, I485, I131 and I765 I 131 was received on December 22 But my I am planning to leave on June 13

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

Yes He said for the actual green card it might take a year We only want to have the travel permit

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

At which service center is this I-131 application? What are the first three letters of the case number?

National benefit center Msc

OK, please give me some time to prepare my answer.

I have an info pass Appointment next Thursday can I argue that I am having my religious ceremony and I need to travel, I did plan ahead of time but have not received anything yet

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will see five stars at the top of this screen. Those stars are important because they are how I earn credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that for me before you leave the site today.

Please understand that sometimes I have to deliver bad news. Unfortunately, there is not a perfect solution to a problem. If you get an answer you did not want, but my service is still good, please do not punish me with a negative rating. My goal is to provide you with a positive customer service experience. And hopefully that will earn me a positive rating.

ANSWER: As of today, the case inquiry date is December 10, 2017. That means you are not yet eligible to make a case inquiry with the USCIS.

As far as your InfoPass appointment, I am afraid that I don't think you will have much success with a request for Emergency Advanced Parole. If you go to the following link, it explains how to apply for Emergency Travel Documents through the local service center: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

It needs to be for an "extremely urgent situation.Specifically, the USCIS site that explains this issue states, "Business trips, weddings, holiday parties, and other planned events would usually not be considered an emergency situation."

I'm very sorry. Despite the fact that I know the answer is not the outcome you wanted or expected, I hope I have provided you with the information you were looking for. If you have any additional follow-up questions, you are welcome to ask them.

In the mean time, please do not forget to give me credit for helping you today. To do that, you just scroll to the top of this screen, and click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★). Again, this is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

And if you feel like I’ve earned a bonus tip, that is also appreciated!

Finally, if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

One thing you should do is continue looking at the Processing Times page of the USCIS. Once your application date is eligible for a case inquiry, file a Service Request. I have seen that process move applications along and processed within days. Assuming that you have already done the biometrics, of course.

I hope that helps. Again, my apologies that I have to give you bad news. But please remember that I do not make these rules. I just happen to be the messenger. So please do not hold it against me by giving me a negative rating. I cannot control the USCIS or the outcomes. Thank you!

Do you see my answers, above?

Sir/Madam,

Please respond letting me know if you see my answer.