Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I wanted to see if you can help me a was deported by

Customer Question
Good day I wanted to...
Good day I wanted to see if you can help me a was deported by signinig voluntary removel from the United States I was giving 46 months for re entry but have not seen a immigration judge what can i do thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So when were you ordered deported? Why were you ordered deported? Did you leave? When? What country are you from? What visa did you use to enter? how long did you overstay?

it was a drug case i did 40 out of the 46 months they gave me and was send to mexico but i was sentence and then they took me to a immigration fucility where they told me that i was going to loose my green card i did some resurch and i found the im still legal in the United States my ss # works what can i do

What gives you the idea that a Social Security number that will ALWAYS be yours means that you are still legal? A real and valid Social Security number does not mean legal status. 10 or 15 or more years ago, ANYONE could get a Social even if they were illegally in the U.S. and that number will always be theirs's and not taken away. So why do you think that means that you did not lose your legal status? Also, what was the drug and what was the amount? And was it simple possession or was is trafficking like buying, selling, or transporting?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

So how do you think you are still legal in the U.S.?