Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can i travel with my social security card, since I'm waiting…

Customer Question
Can i travel with...

Can i travel with my social security card, since I'm waiting on my green card

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told that I should have gotten atleast my biometric done already unfortunately I havent

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 18 days ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the basis of your green card? What is your current status? What visa would you use to get back in?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 days ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.