Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What is the next step for a son of diplomat who had is us…

Customer Question
What is the next step...
What is the next step for a son of diplomat who had is us citizenship revoked?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It probably will not be good news, unfortunately. Why was U.S. Citizenship revoked?

My husband try to renew his passport and they denied it, stating that he wasn't supposed to be a citizen in the first place

It doesn't sound like they revoked it, it sounds like they are saying that he never was. Explain to me his situation. Where was he born? How did he get U.S. Citizenship?

Born in US from a diplomat father
Got his passport using his birth certificate

In those types of situations, those are generally the only ones born in the U.S. that are not considered U.S. Citizens. So I think they were correct. Did he think that he was a U.S. Citizen just because he was born in the U.S.? Normally he would be correct, but not at the son of a diplomat

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

When he was born, was anything applied for him to get status under his parent? What was his parent's status when he was born?