Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am on H1B, and I have a approved I140 Can I change it to…

Customer Question
Hi I am on...

Hi I am on H1B, and I have a approved I140 Can I change it to Consular Processing?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet I have my I140 approved and my priority date is Dec 2009

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?

I am planning to travel back to India for a while and looking for options to see if I can do consular processing when my priority date is current

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 2 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 2 months ago

Please allow me some time to prepare a response.

ok
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You can file an I-824 to inform USCIS that you want them to send a copy of the I-140 approval to the National Visa Center (NVC) in order for them to conduct Consular Processing so that you can obtain your Immigrant Visa outside of the U.S. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-824

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!