Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question about h1b visa stamping with out of

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi I'm MahaJA...
Second opinion] Hi I'm MahaJA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?Customer: I have a question about h1b visa stamping with out of statusJA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?Customer: I have my approved petitionJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: While I switched from my previous employer to my current employer, I did not have any paystubs but had a petition filed.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Can you explain this situation better. I am not clear.

Judith

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I left my employer A on March 04 2016 and employer B had the petition filed for which was received by USCIS on March 02 2016. I was with employer B without any pay for around 5 months. I started working for employer C( current employer) in August 2016 with approved petition with a validity till Aug 2017. Extension was again filed in 2017 and I have my approved petition valid till April 2020. I want to go for a visa stamping. Will have any questions from the visa officer ?

What happened to B's petition?

Did you get an I-94 on the approval notice for "C"?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
B’s petition went to RFE and action was taken on it. I have an approved I94 valid till April 2020

You still have not told me the end result of "B"'s petition. I am going into a meeting and will opt out and allow another expert to assist you.

Judith

Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi there. MY name is ***** ***** I will be taking care of this question, since Judith opted out. Please give me some time to go through this stuff.

OK, so what happened to Employer B's petition? I know about Employer C, but I don't see anything related to Employer B's result.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Employer B’s was withdrawn
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
After I joined employer C

But was it ever approved?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No

OK, when you went to C, what documentation did you provide the USCIS to show you remained in lawful status at all times?

I am still here to continue assisting you. Please respond so I can do that.

Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 18 days ago

Are you still there? Do you want to continue with this chat? You are not required to do the phone call. That is an automatic offer.