Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question about h1b visa stamping with out of

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi I'm MahaJA...
Second opinion] Hi I'm MahaJA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?Customer: I have a question about h1b visa stamping with out of statusJA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?Customer: I have my approved petitionJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: While I switched from my previous employer to my current employer, I did not have any paystubs but had a petition filed.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Can you explain this situation better. I am not clear.

Judith

I left my employer A on March 04 2016 and employer B had the petition filed for which was received by USCIS on March 02 2016. I was with employer B without any pay for around 5 months. I started working for employer C( current employer) in August 2016 with approved petition with a validity till Aug 2017. Extension was again filed in 2017 and I have my approved petition valid till April 2020. I want to go for a visa stamping. Will have any questions from the visa officer ?

What happened to B's petition?

Did you get an I-94 on the approval notice for "C"?

B’s petition went to RFE and action was taken on it. I have an approved I94 valid till April 2020

You still have not told me the end result of "B"'s petition. I am going into a meeting and will opt out and allow another expert to assist you.

Judith

Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi there. MY name is ***** ***** I will be taking care of this question, since Judith opted out. Please give me some time to go through this stuff.

OK, so what happened to Employer B's petition? I know about Employer C, but I don't see anything related to Employer B's result.

Employer B’s was withdrawn
After I joined employer C

But was it ever approved?

No

OK, when you went to C, what documentation did you provide the USCIS to show you remained in lawful status at all times?

I am still here to continue assisting you. Please respond so I can do that.

Are you still there? Do you want to continue with this chat? You are not required to do the phone call. That is an automatic offer.