Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE IMMIGRATION NEXT MONDAY-TO…

Customer Question
I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT...

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE IMMIGRATION NEXT MONDAY-TO APPLY FOR A GREEN CORD- WHAT PAPERS DO I NEED.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

MY WIFE CAME TO THIS COUNTRY IN 1967 AMD RETURNED TO ENGLAND IN THE EARLY 1980s.TO TAKE CARE OF HER PARENTS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I HAVE RE-APPLIED TWICE AND HAD TO CANCEL HER PARENTS ARE NOW BOTH DEAD.MY WIFE CAME BACK HERE IN 2014 AND HAS OVERSTAYED HER VISA AND WANTS TO GET HER GREEN CARD. I AM 90 AND MY WIFEIS 86. WE HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH ISIS.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 19 days ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You won't be applying at USCIS. They may just give you the paperwork and send you on your way, but you can get all of that paperwork online and I can tell you what to do without having to go to USCIS. What was the visa that she used to enter the U.S.? When did you marry her? Also, in what status was she in the U.S. in the 60s, 70s and 80s? Did she maintain that status until she left or did she overstay? If she overstayed, did she disclose that when she applied for the new visa to come back? That may be the only major issue that I see.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 18 days ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What was the visa that she used to enter the U.S.? When did you marry her? Also, in what status was she in the U.S. in the 60s, 70s and 80s? Did she maintain that status until she left or did she overstay? If she overstayed, did she disclose that when she applied for the new visa to come back?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Sorry but we have been discussing our options. will contact you when we are sure of our next step.

Ok, but to help you I will need the information that I am asking about. Please let me know. Thank you.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 14 days ago

Still discussing?