Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have AS8 status. My passport from country of origin

Customer Question
Thanks. I have AS8...

Thanks. I have AS8 status. My passport from country of origin expired and have pending US citizen application. I need to travel international. Can I just use a travel document with no passport?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes paperwork for citizenship is pending. I'm planning on filing the travel document

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 21 days ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thanks

Yes, if you are an asylee, then you can apply for a travel document to travel outside the US on form I-131 while your N-400 is pending.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 20 days ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer today, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.