Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

He was given a plea deal. Disorderly conduct in place of…

Customer Question
He was given a...

He was given a plea deal. Disorderly conduct in place of child abuse. They are trying to they're trying to say that he pleaded to disorderly conduct but the judge had released him on his own personal recognizance but since he is illegal immigrant but I had filed papers for him he hasn't approved i607a and now the immigration attorney is stating that he has to voluntarily leave the country but he will contact the Consulate in Guatemala to finish up his paperwork so he can come back legally I believe this is a trap

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes we have he has an approved i607a status already it would just waiting for him to have an appointment set up with the Consulate in Guatemala

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a lawyer about this?

Yes but I think they're just trying to Bluff it because he was not charged with anything but his i607a was approved he has another immigration attorney that did all the paperwork but I had to hire a different attorney to do the bonding for him but they say that they cannot do it because of the past charges or suppose charges so now they won't look at the fact that it was clean it down to disorderly conduct I don't understand that

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that's about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Im so sorry to hear this. Please tell me what your question is about the situation?

Okay the question is he saying he is he got the approved i607a so why does he have to leave the country voluntarily in order to go to Guatemala to finish his paperwork can't he stay here since the judge said he was let go on his own reconnaissance and she said that why was he still there they had no proof they had nothing they just wanted to be able to justify why they had them why they had him in jail

I tried to accept your call but your payment failed. I can answer you here.

Who is HE?

No, someone who has an approved I-601A (not I607a) cannot get their green card in the US. They must still leave the US and attend an interview in their country. If they are approved, they can come back with a green card.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

The immigration lawyer but why can't they release him from the jail. I understand he has to leave to get his papers

Whether they release him or not is up to the immigration judge. If they have decided not to give him bond for whatever the reason, then you can appeal that decision but the judge does have that option unfortunately.