Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Please can you help me answer my questions only one

Customer Question
Hi, Please can you help...
Hi, Please can you help me answer my questions only one questions, after my interview immigration officer put small note on my passport starting one letter “A and nine number also she put section 246 peraley Please and thanks
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/28/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 24 days ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The A# ***** ***** Alien Number. This is normal. What was the interview for? You filed an I-485? Under what basis?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My wife she’s us citizens
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I can call you later

Ok, so you married a U.S. Citizen and she filed an I-130 for you and you filed an I-485 and you went to the interview and they put your A# ***** your passport and also annotated 246 but you were not approved? How long ago did this happen? What was the visa that you originally used to enter the U.S.? Do you have anything negative in your background like crimes, previous marriage, etc.?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Just 5 days go I come here with visa
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
They just told us we will receive the letter

What was the visa that you used to enter the U.S.?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
B1 B2

And how did you get an interview so quickly after entry? Or you mean you used an immigrant visa to enter and at the Port of Entry they stamped your passport with an I-551 stamp?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I get visa from U.S. Embassy

Ok. But what type of visa? A B-2 tourist visa? A K-3 spouse visa? A CR-1 or IR-1 spouse visa? Which type of visa?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Visit
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Tourist

Ok. That doesn't make sense. You entered on a B-2 tourist visa and at the port of entry they let you in but marked an A# ***** 246 and they still let you in?

I don't understand how you entered the U.S. 5 days ago on a tourist visa and you already had an interview.

Or you mean that 5 days ago you had the interview for the I-485 through your marriage to a U.S. Citizen? How did the interview go?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that’s what I mean but when the interview done the office just tell us we will receive a letter

How did the interview go? What did they ask you? What did they ask your spouse? Did they separate you?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No that was first time, they just told us we will receive the letter

That doesn't tell me anything about how the interview went. How long did the interview last? How many questions did they ask each of you? What evidence did you provide at the interview?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 22 days ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

How long did the interview last? How many questions did they ask each of you? What evidence did you provide at the interview?