Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

ALKHASS, I submitted an I-212 form on 09 Nov 2016 after I…

Customer Question
Dear Sir, I am MAHMOUD...

Dear Sir,
I am MAHMOUD ALKHASS, I submitted an I-212 form on 09 Nov 2016 after I have been removed from Dallas–Fort Worth airport , but till now there is no news about my case.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I-212

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Receipt number: MSC1790213430

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/26/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 29 days ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
You take a long time..can you reply me
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 27 days ago

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure how this question got by me other than it is a long holiday weekend. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the basis of your case? How are you immigrating? Marriage to a U.S. Citizen? What country were you born in? What country or countries do you have citizenship in?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
my case I-212 is in USCIS since Nov. 2016.
I went to the USA as a visitor with B1/B2 visa
I did not marry a US citizen before
i was born in Jordan
I want to visit USA again but I was deported without any reason

I need more details about your case. You were able to enter the U.S. on B-2 and then you overstayed and then they deported you? OR, you tried to enter on the B-2, they did not let you in and they EXCLUDED you (which is not a deportation but it is similar) and they gave you a 5 year bar?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
When i arrived to the airport, they did not allow me in (the second case)

Ok. What was the reason that they did not want you to come in on a B-2? Did they believe that you might want to work in the U.S. or that you might not leave on time? And how long ago was this? And what visa are you applying for now?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
They believe that i will work in USA especially that was the second visit to USA. This is was before more than 2 years. I submit for a visit visa after that but the US embassy refused me. So i apply for waiver application I-212.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
receipt number: MSC1790213430
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 26 days ago

And the U.S. Embassy instructed you to file an I-212?

Take a look at this link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do;jsessionid=1A5428DA65214B0F0C29EF81B8449361

It says the following:

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

On December 7, 2016, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, Receipt Number MSC1790213430, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So it looks to me like that process may have been abandoned, I'm afraid. You will have to contact USCIS to find out what happened. And you may have to file all over again. You can try calling them at 1-***-***-****. They should be able to tell you want to do to reactivate it or if you will need to file all over again.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No.but i told them and they told me that i have to wait the approval. And they gave me NVC email to ask about my case but thr NVC told me that my case did not transfer to them

It looks like that the form was abandoned. Please review my previous answer. They tried to send you a notice and they could not deliver to the address that you listed. You will have to contact them and see what happened and if they cannot reactive it, you might have to file again.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I saw that before and I called them and they re sent the receipt again and i received it. But i want you to tell me what can you do for my case? Can you complete the procejure?since 2016 Till now they did not give me deny or approval.. i want them to tell me what is happening with my case?

I can only answer questions. This service is about answering questions, which is why it is called JustAnswer. Do you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident family member in the U.S.? When you call the Customer Service number, what do they tell you is happening with your case?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 25 days ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Everything you told me I know it. I check my case status always. I see that message. I told you that we received the notice but they did not update its system.
My sons and my x-wife in USA. I need to know why till now there is no action on my case no approval or deny or request any additional evidence? I am waiting from 1 year and 6 months
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 24 days ago

My friend, I am not a mind-reader and I do not know what you know and what you do not know. So please do not use that argument against me. I am trying to help, but I can only tell you what the law allows.

There is no action on your case because your case has been deemed abandoned. It may not be your fault, but they are NOT going to take action on an abandoned case. YOU are the one that has to take action. So either you will need to contact Customer Service as I have already explained and try to get them to reinstate it. They may not do so. If they do not, then you will have to file a new I-212. I know this is frustrating, but please do not blame this on me. I did not cause this problem. I am just trying to help you to resolve it and it is also not my fault that the method to resolve it is not easy. I did not write the laws.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 22 days ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 19 days ago

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.