Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

A Philippine friend has asked us to adopt his 8 yr old

Customer Question
A Philippine friend has...

A Philippine friend has asked us to adopt his 8 yr old sister, mainly to give her an education and take her out of poverty. we are grandparents aged 70 and 69. how do we "go" about this request

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

No, we were asked today. our friend, has talked with his sister and his/her mother, in the Philippines

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No this is the first I have talked with any one,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/26/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

This is not an easy thing to do. There are a number of requirements needed not only to adopt, but also to pass on a U.S. immigration benefit. Here is an official link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/Intercountry-Adoption-Country-Information/Philippines.html

You should be able to find all the information that you need at the different tabs, "Who Can Adopt?", "Who Can Be Adopted?", and "How to Adopt?".

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!