Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Department of Homeland Security National Benefits Center…

Hi good morning Department...

Hi good morning Department of Homeland Security National Benefits Center mail about my I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status they request for initial evidence

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes I am I filed our paperworks but they need a request for initial evidence( I-485)and I need to submitted a Form I-864,Affidavit of support for the petitioner/sponsor,the I-864 has one of the following deficiencies.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to ask about .Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/14/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (And, please ignore any reports from the site regarding your expert being offline - they are incorrect.)

What specifically can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** I-864?

The Department of Homeland Security National Benefits Center mail about they need a request for initial evidence(I-485),I need to submitted a Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for the petitioner/sponsor.The I-864 has the one of the following deficiencies.
.Not signed by the sponsor
.Missing Papers
.I-864 revision is no longer valid.

Okay.

Not signed by the sponsor - self-explanatory. The I-864 is not signed by the person who is the sponsor; you want to make sure that it is actually signed by them.
Missing Papers - the notice should say what documents are missing. If not, please upload the notice so I can take a look.
I-864 revision is no longer valid - you are using an old I-864 form. Use the newest one - see here:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864.pdf

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Hi

Hello?

I upload the letter came from Departmet of Homelanad Security.

I am sorry, but it has not gone through. Can you please try again?

Hello

Okay.

Missing Papers - YOU ARE MISSING SOME OF THE PAGES FROM THE I-864 IN YOUR SUBMISSION.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

The revision that I request when I call costumer service is,not longer valid this is all 12 pages,the newest revision 03/06/2018 is only 10 pages.

Right. So it sounds that you sent in the older version. Whether USCIS updated their I-864 shortly after you received yours, I do not know. What is evident is that a newer version has to be sent in; I provided the link to a direct download for it:

I need to provide the newest version of form i-864 and to attached the evidence,the missing papers that they ask i ,newest version of I-864.

I am linking you to the newest I-864 version. It is below:

IRS and the W-2s?because I mailed only the W-2s of my sponsor.
What I mean the IRS and W-2s is different?

Yes.

IRS is the government agency overseeing federal taxes.

W-2 is a form issued by your employer for federal taxes; a copy goes to IRS.

I need to mail the IRS to them? W-2s I already mail to them.

HERE are the IRS documents required to be filed with the I-864 (link).

Last question if I ever submitted already the W-2s of my sponsor no need to submit the IRS?and second only that I listed in the mail that I can approvide?

My apologies for the wait.

If I ever submitted already the W-2s of my sponsor no need to submit the IRS?

Can you please rephrase your question; I do not understand.

and second only that I listed in the mail that I can approved?

I apologies i repeat my question if I ever submitted the W-2s, need to submit also the IRS?the mail that I received coming from them if I'm gonna send again the W-2s and the IRS event hough I submitted already to them?

Yes, you will have to resubmit everything. Again. Correct.

if ever resubmit again.

Yes. One resubmits all the paperwork.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Even the evidence and prove need to resubmit again?