Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My sister got her rentry permit but she is in India for her…

My sister got her...

My sister got her rentry permit but she is in India for her exams,does she had to show re-entry permit before leaving united states or she is good to come after 2 years .While we have send the re-entry by post to india

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your sister taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I mean for re-entry permit ..That's for 2 years which allows to stay away from US for 2 years max

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your sister talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

5/13/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So it is a Re-Entry Permit because she already has U.S. Citizenship? Or it is an Advance Parole?

She has a green card.And she is studying in India ..She did applied for re-entry permit but after the biometric she went to India ..And we got the rentry permit few days back .My question is does she had to show rentry permit before leaving united states or she good to show once she comes here next time
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi there. I see you opted out Guillermo. When you do that, he can't respond to you. I am certain he would want the chance to help you out. I can ask the administrators to opt him back in, if you would like. I am sure you will be satisfied with his efforts. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Sorry about the delay. It took me this long to get me opted back in. Not sure why you opted me out. I assume it was an accident.

Anyway, she did not have to show the Re-Entry Permit before leaving. She just shows it when she comes back in. So she is fine. She should have no trouble coming back.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Thank you for the answer above.

You are very welcome. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Hello Guillermo!As my sister got re-entry permit for 2 years but what if she come into states within a year for a month or two,will the re-entry permit get cancelled ?

She has to look at the Re-Entry Permit to see if it is a multi-use permit. It might be. If it is, she can use it to come in and out as much as she wants for the 2 year period.