Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need some advise about a I-485 RFE. I am going to reply…

I need some advise...

I need some advise about a I-485 RFE.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am going to reply the RFE. The I-485 RFE is given to my wife and asked for a supporting document for her name change

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

I have sent it to my employer and employer has started talking to lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But I need some advice at the moment on my case.

5/12/2018
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Please tell me more. I am going to be on two back to back customer phone call requests but will reply as soon as I am done as soon as you provide details.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Hello Judith, I am Pradnyan. I just give some information about my wife's case. My wife received I-485 RFE that calls for to produce a name change 'supporting' document. Her first name before marriage is not same as after marriage. The marriage certificate bears her maiden name (name before marriage). During marriage, her first, middle and last name changed. USCIS sent RFE for supporting the name change with a certificate/document originated by Government body or Court. We do have just a self-proclaimed notorized affidavit that both the names before and after marriage belong to the same person. But is not a document originated by Government body or Court. Generally no Government or Court endorse a document that bears two names for a same person. Please advise how to get a certificate/document originated by Government body or Court (in India) or address this RFE.
Hello Judith, I requested for a phone call but I got message that you are not available for phone call right now. It is okay for me if we continue to chat online to get some solution on my above case.
Phone call session started

I had taken a lunch break. My apologies.

I am unclear about the name change for her first and middle name. Adopting a spouse's last name is ***** ***** name change because the marriage certificate is actually recorded through the court and is therefore a legal name change.

It is the other two names I am confused about her changing and need more info on this.

I will give you my phone number.

Judith

Seems I cannot put my phone number into a contact box. I did place a call from 202 and you may find that on your caller ID. If not, tell me when you are back.

Judith

Sorry, I missed your calls. I just took a lunch break. I am going to call you on your 202 number now.