Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Professional(with 12 years experience and holding

Hi, I am IT professional(with...
Hi, I am IT professional(with 12 years experience and holding engineering degree in Computer science) working in one of IT company on H1B Visa, I am almost completing my 5 years soon, Another company/employer is saying that they would file a green card /perm petition on behalf of me, My current company/employer is saying that they would also do but after couple of months, My query is - Can 2 companies file for GC either (in EB2 or EB3) and if they file , so if they file which one USCIS will consider and what options I may have, Could you please suggest on this
5/9/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Yes, both can each file an I-140 for you and you can have both active at the same time. When the time comes for the Residency, how ever, you can only file one I-485 through one or the other. If you were two file two I-485 applications, they would ask you to withdraw one before they could approve the other.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Hi Guillermo, Continuing with my above query, if my company files H1B in 6th year as I will be completing 6years on H1B next year September, what are my other options I can continue to work here in USA. Could you please suggest- Thanks
Sorry Query is incorrect Please ignore
Hi Guillermo, Continuing with my above query, if my company files Green-card in 6th year as I will be completing 6years on H1B next year September, what are my other options so that I can continue to work here in USA. Could you please suggest
Please refer above query the latest one- Thanks
FOR GUILLERMO- Continuing with my earlier query, if my company files Green-card in 6th year as I will be completing 6 years on H1B next year September, what are my other options so that I can continue to work here in USA. Could you please suggest
Thank you Guillermo!

My pleasure.