Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How do I prepare for my naturalization interview?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Do you have specific questions or just in general how the interview is?

I need to talk about my case
Sure but please tell me about your case and what your questions are.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can they still dined me after I all ready did the biometricprints
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

The biometrics are just giving USCIS the ability to check your criminal and other background history. Depending on your history your naturalization can be denied at the interview if the background shows you lack good moral character.

Also, you need to pass the civics test. It does not appear you would have difficulty reading and writing English.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 month ago

Sorry for the delay and for the confusion. It seems like you opted me out by mistake this morning and when you do that I can't reply to you right away. It takes a while to be opted back in. I had been waiting for a response to the questions I asked you back on May 6th. Glad you made it back :)

YOUR ANSWER:

Yes, even after you do the biometrics, it is still possible to deny the case. The biometrics is done for a background check and then you will have an actual interview in a few months where you will be asked the questions that you studied, to read and write in English, your application will be reviewed and any criminal convictions will also be reviewed. After that interview is when there will be a decision made to approve your naturalization application or not.

So in order to prepare you should study the 100 civics questions found here https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office%20of%20Citizenship/Citizenship%20Resource%20Center%20Site/Publications/100q.pdf

also you should have all certified documents for any arrests and convictions (if any) ready, and you should provide your last 5 income tax returns.

Good luck to you and I hope this has clarified your doubts.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."