Immigration Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified immigration lawyer who will answer your question

Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

More related answers
All immigration lawyers are VERIFIED
My stepson got married. s DACA work card, etc. Expire on
My stepson got married. His DACA work card, etc. Expire on December 25, 2015. He has prepared the following paperwork with supporting evidence: · I-130 (Petition for family member) · I-485 (applicatio… read more
I just got a legal status thanks to DACA. My mom is a resident
I just got a legal status thanks to DACA. My mom is a resident of the U.S and has been for now 2 years. Can she become a citizen of the U.S now and fix my papers to get into being a citizen? I'm singl… read more
My stepson has a DACA status. It expires at the end of December
Expert James
Expert James, Doctoral Degree
My stepson has a DACA status. It expires at the end of December 2015 (Almost 2 years from now.) Is there anyway for him to obtain a student Visa to stay beyond that date to finish his college educatio… read more
My stepson is in USA under DACA. He is gay and wants to marry
My stepson is in USA under DACA. He is gay and wants to marry his fiance. If he marries a male, can he gain lawful presence via the marital union?… read more
I'm a DACA recipient and am currently applying adjustment of
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Manager
Hello, I'm a DACA recipient and am currently applying adjustment of status to permanent resident through my marriage to a U.S citizen. USCIS is asking for more evidence. in regards ***** ***** 245(i) … read more
if a resident wanted to marry a person that had permanent resident
if a resident wanted to marry a person that had permanent resident status under another name because his/her family had brought him/her to the US when they were young and the situation was never resol… read more
Being a Perrmanant Resident. If I return home and marry my
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Principal Attorney
Being a Perrmanant Resident. If I return home and marry my fiance can I apply for conditional permanant Resident status for him?… read more
My stepson is a Brasilian citizen with a US permanent residency
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Principal Attorney
My stepson is a Brasilian citizen with a US permanent residency status. He left the US to go to school in Brasil in Aug of 2009. He wants to go back to the US for 4 weeks next month before continuing … read more
Lady, which is in E2 status in US recently married on US citizen. Lady
Lady, which is in E2 status in US recently married on US citizen. Lady can decide to get permanent resident status. 1.Does having husband, US sitizen,compromise her status in eyes of immigration offic… read more
a married person who is a Lawful Permanent Resident and committed
Expert James
Expert James, Doctoral Degree
a married person who is a Lawful Permanent Resident and committed bigamy twice with the same person can be deported? The person got married 2007 and 2008 married another person due to alcohol effect a… read more
HI JUDITH....If a permanent resident is married to the person
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Manager
HI JUDITH....If a permanent resident is married to the person who is out of status what is the most important things they have to follow and could the person file for the status soon ?… read more
i am currently out-of-status because i overstayed, is it possible
i am currently out-of-status because i overstayed, is it possible to legalize my stay if i marry a permanent resident?… read more
If a person on H1b marries US permanent resident do they get
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
If a person on H1b marries US permanent resident do they get permanent residency or they have to wait for permanent resident spouse to become citizen and then they can sponsor them?… read more
Hi, I became a legal temporary resident on october 2007 but
Hi, I became a legal temporary resident on october 2007 but my status to legal permanent resident has just changed on november 2009, so I want to know if I have to count from 2007 or from 2009 to beco… read more
my stepson is a permanent resident. His mother(my wife) is
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Manager
my stepson is a permanent resident. His mother(my wife) is a permanent citizen. he is 16. What are his options to become a citizenship? what are the advantages to do it now vs later?… read more
Married 18 years, husbands status permanent residence compliments
Married 18 years, husbands status permanent residence compliments of yours truly, ***** ***** he bought a home in Mexico, found out he's still married to 1st wife for 35 years. Can I petition to NOT r… read more
Parents Legal permanent Residents (Adjusted status ) have two
Parents Legal permanent Residents (Adjusted status ) have two kids one is 19 yrs old and 25 yr old both are dependents how can the children get derivative immigration.… read more
FOR GUILLERMO If a conditional permanent resident loses
FOR GUILLERMOHello! If a conditional permanent resident loses their legal status for failure to remove restrictions on their green card, and that resident has a Visitor Visa that is valid for 10 years… read more