Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Regarding N-400, Part 11, item 7, “Have you ever not filed a…

Customer Question
Regarding N-400, Part 11...

Regarding N-400, Part 11, item 7, “Have you ever not filed a Federal, State, or local…”.
if I have not filed any tax return yet, should I pick “Yes”, or “No”?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

While being an F1 student I have worked under opt for one year and filed for taxes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not seeking for a lawyer but I am a little confused with this question

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
4/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Technically, you are seeking a lawyer because this is the immigration law category and you have asked a question. Anyone who answers you in this category is a lawyer. You are not asking us to represent you, but you are asking us legal questions that we can answer based on our expertise.

As far as having not filed a tax return, is that because you were not required to based on your income? Or was it from 2017 and it is not yet due until April 15, 2018?

What is the reason for having not filed a return?

I am still here to continue assisting you. Just respond so I can do that.