Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am card holder can I sponsor my wife. My wife now in USA…

Customer Question
I am green card...

I am green card holder can I sponsor my wife

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

My wife now in USA with me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
But she doesn’t have status
4/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your immigration matter.

If your wife is already in the US you still need to file the family based petition with USCIS.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Once your application has been processed your wife can file an adjustment of status application.

This is determined by the filing dates with your local USCIS office set out in the priority dates.

If you are a US citizen her lack of status can be exempted under immigration laws, if she is out of status and you are a green card holder she is likely going to have to leave the US and come back through her consulate's office.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is much appreciated.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time and answer to you.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I'm attorney Bill following up on your legal question. I offered information in relation to your legal options a couple of days back.

Do you require any further information ?

When finished please don't forget to leave a rating.

This is what gives me a credit for my time.

Thanks

Attorney Bill