Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am applying non immigrant visa now. And got some questions…

Customer Question
Hello, I am applying...

Hello, I am applying non immigrant visa now. And got some questions to ask.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

I am just confused about if international students can be volunteer in church?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if international students can work in non organizational place like churh

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The idea of an international student being in the U.S. is for that international student to only study in the U.S. and NOT take an opportunities away from U.S. workers or students and this also means unpaid intern or volunteer opportunities. So I would be very careful doing any kind of volunteer work on a regular basis. So like maybe that church once in a while, a different church or organization once in a while, etc. You do not want the U.S. to think that you are taking away an opportunity from a U.S. worker or student that may need the experience for their own resume, etc., even if it is unpaid. That's why this is highly regulated.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!