Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I’m a legal resident and I been arrested 3 times.Did 11 days…

Customer Question
I’m a legal resident...

I’m a legal resident and I been arrested 3 times.Did 11 days in jail I’ll like to knw if I could live the country USA and come back with no problems

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
4/3/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question today. I'm attorney Bill an experienced immigration lawyer assisting you.

Your criminal record isn't an automatic bar on admissibility to the US.

You can still apply for a visa or a waiver of inadmissibility under certain grounds if your criminal record is excluding you from the US.

Conviction of crimes or moral turpitude, aggravated felonies and multiple convictions do make you inadmissible to the US.

Multiple arrests or your three arrests don't equate to multiple conviction so you may still be eligible.

DO you have a copy of your conviction record ?

The law is stated here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Please follow up with me on your question as needed.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I'm attorney Bill following up on your legal question. I offered information in relation to your legal options a couple of days back.

Do you require any further information ?

When finished please don't forget to leave a rating.

This is what gives me a credit for my time.

Thanks

Attorney Bill