Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How do I assist a group I am interested in employing to

How do I assist...

How do I assist a group I am interested in employing to become legal to work in the US?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I have not taken any yet. I have known these individuals for years and have worked with them in the past. I am well aware of their status and now as owner of my own business want to hire them - just need to do so legally

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I am curious if this is an easy process or long and drawn out process?

4/2/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately it's not easy or drawn out, it's impossible. There is nothing that an employer/business owner can do alone in order to legalize potential employees in the US if they are illegal and have been illegal in the US for more than 1 year. Depending on the position, the only thing you may be able to do is help with the first part of trying to get a green card, which is apply for a labor certification but it is expensive and there is a long wait. And after you do the first part, then comes the second part which you cannot help with. If the person is illegal in the US, they will need a waiver. The waiver requires that they have a US citizen or green card holder spouse or parent in the US with medical issues. If it gets approves, THEN they still have to return to their country for a few weeks and take a risk that they will be allowed back into the US. Besides this, there is nothing in the US that you can help with.

I'm so sorry. I wish I had better news. I hope you can understand that I must be honest. I hope you understand I don't make the laws and I can't change them. Hope you can rate me on the service and not on good or bad news.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a many days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back. I know it wasn't good news but please understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them. All I can do is be honest with you. Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. It is very important to me. This is my job. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney