Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a convicted sex offender and had visited the

Customer Question
I am a convicted...

I am a convicted sex offender and had visited the Philippines in 2013and 2014 with my Philippine wife this year I was sent back. What can I do to get back into the country with my wife.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I don't know who to talk to about this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to see if there is a waiver. I have not caused any trouble when I was there the last two times with my wife in the Philippines. I have been updating mr

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
4/1/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 3 months ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Since the end of 2014, the Philippines has enacted a complete ban on allowing sex offenders to visit the Philippines. There is no waiver, it is a complete ban on entry for any sex offenders. So the only way to enter the Philippines now is to get your conviction vacated and the charge dismissed, which is no easy task in most US States. You will require a local attorney and will need to get them to seek to vacate your conviction and until they do or until the Philippines lifts their total ban, you would not be allowed admission to the Philippines.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your time. Just to let you know I was in the Philippines in 2014 of april and they still let me in

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, and they issued the order for the ban effective October 1, 2014, which explains why they let you in April 2014.