Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What is residency requirement in Nevada for filing divorce?

Customer Question
What is residency requirement...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in NV family court?

No I am not a resident

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am married to Filipina girl and she is non resident alien

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
4/1/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your divorce jurisdiction question today. I'm attorney Bill answering your request this evening.

Nevada like other States imposes a 6 month residency requirement upon applicants wishing to file in the Family court/ District court for a divorce.

Residency can be proved by another resident filing an affidavit of resident witness with the court; this paper is notarized before a notary public.

If you have yet to establish residency in Nevada you could file in your present State or wait until you have been physically present for 6 months in Nevada.

One party to the proceedings will need to be a resident.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is much appreciated.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I would like to follow up on your legal question, do you need any further information ?

Just a reminder I rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

FIVE STARS or your rating gives me a credit for my time.

Thanks

Attorney Bill