Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Am a card holder unknowingly I vote in 2012 and in 2017 I…

Customer Question
Please am a green...

Please am a green card holder unknowingly I vote in 2012 and in 2017 I apply for naturalization .and I was approved but my oath ceremony is pending.they ask me to submit a request for hearing N 336 ,I need help don't know what this mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

I

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had green card already

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
4/1/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It means that they may not approve you for Naturalization because you should not have voted. You will need to provide evidence from the voter registration in your area that you did not register to vote and that you did not vote, or that you withdrew your registration and that you did not vote, or that you at least withdrew your registration. If you did indeed vote in 2012 and 2017, you may have to declare a pretty good explanation (I cannot tell you what you can use as an explanation) but they will probably still deny you if you did vote. They may make you wait 5 years after the last time that you voted to apply again. So let's say if you voted November 2017, they can make you wait until after November 2022 to apply again. I am truly sorry that the news is not good, but you were not supposed to have voted.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

what a form N 336 mean in na

The N-336 is to request a hearing to argue your side of the story and perhaps present that information that I listed, proof that the registration does not exist or that you withdrew the registration.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

I have cancellation letter since 2012 and where to obtain form N 336

Here is the link:

https://www.uscis.gov/n-336

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!