Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Greencard expires today and my i-175 got rejected because of…

Customer Question
Greencard expires today and my...
Greencard expires today and my i-175 got rejected because of a due date I did not see. What do I do?
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 20 days ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you referring to the I-751?

If so, what do you mean it was rejected because of a due date.. please give me more details about this.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
it's for my wife, her green card expired on Friday. she received the whole I-751 package back because the petition expires 11/30/2017
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I also live in New Jersey and saw that you are based in Florida
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
There is no reject case #***** the whole package that was sent has been returned with a notice saying it was not examined.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hello???
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 19 days ago

Hi again.. I'm sorry but the website was having issues and I did not get a notification when you replied to me. Then you opted me out and I can't reply when I'm opted out. Had to wait to be opted back in.

So just to make sure I understand, you said your wife tried to file the I-751 before it expired but the whole thing was sent back to her?

When did she originally mail it? What is the date that her 2 year green card expired?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Correct. She mailed it on March 20, it came back March 30, it expired March 30 2018

Is any reason given why it was being sent back?

How much was the filing fee that she sent?

Did you both sign the form I-751?

Where did she mail it?

Can you attach the notice she received also, in order to help you better?

Ely, Counselor at Law