Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a chance to get 2 new job roles as a part of 2019…

Customer Question
I have a chance to...
I have a chance to get 2 new job roles as a part of 2019 cap. i would like to know, weather is it legally acceptable.-Thanks
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/31/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is your current status in the U.S.? You mean if you can have an employer file 2 H-1B petitions for you of if you can have 2 different employers each file an H-1B for you?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'm in OPT-EAD. If we have 2 employers for 2 different positions, so, can i apply for 2 h1's.
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 24 days ago

Yes. It is allowed to have one H-1B per employer, but not two or more H-1Bs by one employer. So if it is two different employers, you can have two different H-1B petitions. If you have 5 different employers, you can have 5 different H-1B petitions.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I understand that, is it problem if there similar job duties?

No. Not at all, as long as they are two separate employers. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
confusing, what is recent update about multiple h1b petitions for same person?

Primarily, it restricts employers from related entities from filing for the same potential employee. So let's say you had Carnival Cruise Lines file an H-1B for you and Costa Cruises, a separate company also file an H-1B for you. That would not work because both Carnival and Costa are owned by the same parent company, so they are related. However, if you had Carnival file one and Royal Caribbean file another, that would work because there is no relationship between he two companies.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Do you recommend for filing two h1's from two different employers ?

Yes, if they truly are separate employers where the companies are not related.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of customers don't leave a rating at all and since I am not given a salary to be here, a positive rating is the only way the website will compensate me (which costs you nothing additional and the session does NOT close). It's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, 30% to 40% of customers not leaving a positive rating is like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
lot of people around me said, do not apply for multiple (2) h1's. but, you told me like no worries. Not satisfied sir, sorry,Thanks,
manoj
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.