Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If i come in on the waiver visa how do i have to be out of…

Customer Question
Hi if i come...

Hi if i come in on the waiver visa how long do i have to be out of the country before i can come back

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes i am in the States now my 90 days are up 17th April

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

Know i have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The visa i would like you dont have

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 25 days ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 25 days ago

There is no minimum period before you can reenter. There should be a reasonable amount of time between visits so that the Customs and Border Protection Officer does not think that you are trying to live in the US. If you’re worried they may think you’re trying to live there, then you could bring extra documents as evidence - e.g., your flight out of America back to your home country, or proof of your current employment and residence in your home country. Basically, anything to convince them that you’re not actually surreptitiously residing in the US.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question, I would appreciate it if you ranked my service excellent/5 stars at the top of the page. A BONUS is also appreciated if you think that I have earned one.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 19 days ago

Have I answered all your questions? If so, please rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young